Bagno Vignoni ~ Cooking Classes, Spa, and Massage Services
Cooking Classes and Wine Tasting
Guest can learn genuine Southern Tuscan dishes and the secrets passed down from grandmothers and grandfathers. All classes are hands-on and include local wine. The cooking course teaches the traditional Tuscan ”Cucina Povera“ (country cooking of the peasants). The course is taught in a rustic setting and the informality of the course makes it a recreational experience. A glass of wine is always within arms reach so you can relax and enjoy! These cooking classes are designed to take you through a classic Italian menu which includes: antipasti & “primi” (the first dish and also the first course) and then in the next class you will learn the “secondi & contorni” (the second dish with additional side dishes).
The tiny medieval hamlet of Bagno Vignoni is a 40 minute drive from Siena and about an hour from Florence, Arezzo, Orvieto and Perugia. Around this hamlet, Tuscan Way guests can relax by the thermal pools or bathe in the famous chalky waters, which are reputedly beneficial to bones and skin. The area has a number of famous spas with these magical healing waters – each noted for a different curative property – Bagni San Filippo and San Casciano dei Bagni are both within half an hour’s drive. A small spa (306m) of medieval origin, although it was already know in Roman times, the fascinating tiny village is clustered around a large pool closed on three sides by the town walls, one meter and a half tall with water that flows at 52°. Besides the thermal waters, the characteristic of Bagno Vigoni is its unchanged structure. All around there are some buildings realized by Bernardo Rossellino in Pope’s Pio II honor, and the open arcade where S. Caterina da Siena stopped. Behind Bagno Vignoni, immersed and hidden in the green of the hill there is the small village borgo Vignoni Alto in a position that dominates the entire Val d’ Orcia and the Monte Amiata.
Meet Your Hosts
Sabrina & Barbara decided to restructure an antique building from the 1300 century in the small square of the Bagno Vignoni village, maintaining the characteristic wooden beam ceiling and the antique floor in terracotta tile. The welcoming loft has just 6 double rooms, each one with a special touch, an old coat of arms and a splendid view over the mysterious and mystical water-filled square of Bagno Vignoni. Each room has air conditioning and a private bathroom. The accommodations provide a relaxing atmosphere where guests can enjoy reading a book, listening to music or playing the grand piano in our charming living room.
Where You Will Stay
There are seven bedrooms, each with a distinctive feature – an ancient coat of arms brought to light during restoration, a canopied bed, or a breathtaking view of the village and its thermal pools. The rooms, which have been tastefully and romantically refurbished, are decorated in different colors, have their own bathrooms and are centrally heated and air conditioned.
*price per person in double standard room*
*single occupancy requests a supplement*
*City Taxes: €2 per person/per day to pay at the check out*
*Feel free to request a quotation for a shorter program (3/4 nights), choosing which days of itinerary you want to keep in your vacation*
*Ask for Additional Cooking Classes*
NOT included: airfare, private car (to quote at the request, it changes by number of persons) and gratuities
The itinerary includes tours of the surrounding areas of Bagno Vignoni including: Montepulciano, Borgo di Montichiello, Siena and Pienza. Participants can expect to taste some of Tuscany’s finest delicacies, breakfasting on honey, bread, local biscuits and olive oil, and partaking in tastings of fine wines, splendid local cheeses, selected cured meats and local extra virgin olive oils. * We would like to emphasize that we are quite flexible with regard to the itinerary and the excursions. The most important thing is to communicate your specific interests, which will be given priority if possible and in the best interest of the group.
5 Nights / 6 Days
– 5 nights in Bagno Vignoni at charming Loggiato B&B, near Pienza, in a picturesque Medieval hamlet. The inn is beautifully furnished with classic Tuscan furniture.
– All meals as indicated in the itinerary; they will include 1 first course; 1 main course with side dish or 1 appetizer; 1 dessert; 1 glass of wine; water; coffee.
– Small groups accepted: 4 to 10 people
– 2 Hands-on cooking courses in “La Cucina Povera Toscana” – Tuscan country cooking
– 1 Entry Ticket to Bagno Vignoni Spa and 1 Ayurvedic massage (50′)
– 2 Wine Tastings and 1 Cheese Tasting with visits to the estate
– Guided excursions to Siena and Montalcino
We will pick you up in Florence and transfer you to Bagno Vignoni. After settling in, your hosts will show you around the residence and explain some of the history! Then you can either relax or take a walk around the enchanting hamlet that is surrounded with beautiful views of warm vineyards and olive groves. For dinner you will experience your first Tuscan meal prepared by the chef at the Loggiato enoteca (wine bar).
DAY 3 (TUE) – Montepulciano and Cooking Class
We will depart after breakfast to go to Montepulciano, the town of Vino Nobile, where you will have a visit to a famous cellar and a wine tasting. You will have some time to have a free walk in the historic center, and then you will have lunch in a typical restaurant. We will come back to Bagno Vignoni, because now it’s time to have your first cooking class!
DAY 5 (THR) – Spa and Siena
Today is the day you will fully immerse yourself into what it means to be pampered and actually what made Bagno Vignoni such an attractive destination in the first place. You will spend the day at the pool which has the natural healing waters. And there you will have an ayurvedic massage and free access to pools. In the afternoon you will go to Siena to have your guided visit to the town and at 8 PM near Siena’s Piazza del Campo for dinner and experience this famous piazza at sunset and after dinner.
You will set after breakfast to go to Montalcino, the town of the very famous Brunello di Montalcino, strong and full body red wine. You will have a guided visit to the fortress and the town center before go to have a visit of a noble family cellar. In there you will taste some of their wines and olive oils, during a light lunch. When you finish, we will go to Pienza to visit a “pecorino” (sheep) cheese-making factory and experience the extraordinarily charming town of Pienza. Pienza owes its beauty and fame to Enea Silvio Piccolomini born in Corsignano on 18 October 1405 and elevated to Pope in 1458 taking the name Pius II. During the course of his Papacy, he changed the ancient Castello di Corsignano (first mentioned in 828) into a Papal residence in the Renaissance style, planned and constructed under the supervision of Bernardo Gambarelli called il Rossellino, a student of Leon Battista Alberti, and renamed it Pienza (“Pius”). You will have a tasty dinner in Pienza before coming back to Bagno Vignoni.
DAY 4 (WED) – Borgo di Monticchiello and Cooking Class
After breakfast you will go to the ancient hamlet of Montichello which is fantastic spot for taking photos of the charming view of Val d’Orcia. You will have lunch in a typical Winery in town. At the end of your lunch you will come back to Bagno Vignoni, to have your second cooking class.
DAY 6 (FRI) – Departure
Enjoy your final breakfast in Bagno Vignoni before heading back to Florence.
Choose Your Adventure!
You can customize your own tour with our new super offers:
– BEER TOUR a visit in a typical brewery and the taste of Italian beer (*where available*)
– YOGA RETREAT/SINGLE LESSONS dedicated yoga lessons in extraordinary scenery, benefits of these practices include a clearer mind, a deeper feeling of inner calm, the ability to accept and move through challenging and stressful life events with more ease and acceptance, improved immunity, increased energy levels and sometimes even feeling happy for no good reason!
– SPORTS EXCURSIONS bike rides, trekking, horseback riding… all you can do in a land of a thousand possibilities as Tuscany
– GOLF GAME are you a golf passionate and you want to try the emotion to play golf in the beautiful tuscan countryside? Why not? We can provide for you your Italian Game!
– CRUISE EMOTION you can visit the most exclusive spots on the Tuscans Islands , accessible only by sea, and see scenery of incomparable beauty, grottos, inlets, picturesque coves and rocks where nature has let its imagination run free to create strange, unrepeatable shapes (*available only at Villa Poggiarello*)
– OLIVES HARVEST the magical smells and flavors of the olives and the unique experience of attending to their harvesting (*by season only – normally october/november, depending on weather conditions*)
– THERMAL SPA a day in one of most famous thermal center of Tuscany, where you can find the best spa treatments
– TRUFFLE HUNTING do you want to live the emotion to look for truffles with a real truffle hunter and his dog? You can! And then enjoy a wonderful lunch with truffles! (*by season only – normally october/november*)
Contact us now to know more about them!