Cooking Class + Wine Tour + il Palio di Siena
The Palio di Siena (known locally simply as Il Palio) is a horse race that is held twice each year, on July 2 and August 16, in Siena, Italy. Ten horses and riders, bareback and dressed in the appropriate colours, represent ten of the seventeen contrade, or city wards. The Palio held on July 2 is named Palio di Provenzano, in honour of the Madonna of Provenzano, a Marian devotion particular to Siena which developed around an icon from the Terzo Camollia. The Palio held on August 16 is named Palio dell’Assunta, in honour of the Assumption of Mary.
A pageant, the Corteo Storico, precedes the race, which attracts visitors and spectators from around the world.
For this unmissable occasion Tuscan Way is honored to present a special program, carefully designed to offer guests the opportunity to live and experience life, as it really is, in Tuscany and spend a final memorable day immersed in the history and in the medieval atmosphere.
Here it is our proposal at BAGNO VIGNONI*
* The structure may vary depending on availability . It may be replaced by another our structure visible on this site (prior notification)
The 6 Day/5 Night Package Includes:
– 5 nights in Bagno Vignoni at charming Loggiato B&B, near Pienza, in a picturesque Medieval hamlet. The inn is beautifully furnished with classic Tuscan furniture
– All meals as indicated in the itinerary; they will include 1 first course; 1 main course with side dish or 1 appetizer; 1 dessert; 1 glass of wine; water; coffee
– Participation at the Palio as a spectator from the square
– 1 Hands-on cooking courses in“La Cucina Povera Toscana” – Tuscan country cooking
– 1 Entry Ticket to Bagno Vignoni Spa and 1 Ayurvedic massage (50′)
– 2 Wine Tastings and 1 Cheese Tasting with visits to estates
– Guided excursions to Siena and Montalcino
Day 1 – Arrival in Florence and transfer to Bagno Vignoni
We will pick you up at the train station or airport in Florence and transfer you to Bagno Vignoni. Then you can either relax or take a walk around the enchanting hamlet that is surrounded with beautiful views of warm vineyards and olive groves. For dinner you will experience your first Tuscan meal prepared by the chef at the Loggiato enoteca (wine bar).
Days 2 – Enjoy Palio
Full day dedicated to the Palio of Siena
Day 3 – Montepulciano; Cooking Class
We will depart after breakfast to go to Montepulciano, the town of Vino Nobile, where you will have a visit to a famous cellar and a wine tasting. You will have some time to have a free walk in the historic center, and then you will have lunch in a typical restaurant. We will come back to Bagno Vignoni, because now it’s time to have your first cooking class!
Day 4 – Montalcino and Pienza
You will set after breakfast to go to Montalcino, the town of the very famous Brunello di Montalcino, strong and full body red wine. You will have a guided visit to the fortress and the town center before go to have a visit of a noble family cellar. In there you will taste some of their wines and olive oils, during a light lunch. When you finish, we will go to Pienza to visit a “pecorino” (sheep) cheese-making factory and experience the extraordinarily charming town of Pienza. Pienza owes its beauty and fame to Enea Silvio Piccolomini born in Corsignano on 18 October 1405 and elevated to Pope in 1458 taking the name Pius II. During the course of his Papacy, he changed the ancient Castello di Corsignano (first mentioned in 828) into a Papal residence in the Renaissance style, planned and constructed under the supervision of Bernardo Gambarelli called il Rossellino, a student of Leon Battista Alberti, and renamed it Pienza (“Pius”). You will have a tasty dinner in Pienza before coming back to Bagno Vignoni.
Day 5 – SPA and Siena (Guided Visit)
Today is the day you will fully immerse yourself into what it means to be pampered and actually what made Bagno Vignoni such an attractive destination in the first place. You will spend the day at the pool which has the natural healing waters. And there you will have an ayurvedic massage and free access to pools. In the afternoon you will go to Siena to have your guided visit to the town and at 8 PM near Siena’s Piazza del Campo for dinner and experience this famous piazza at sunset and after dinner.
Day 6 – Departure
Enjoy your final breakfast in Bagno Vignoni before heading back to Florence.
Special price from: € 2.750,=
NOTES / DISCLAIMER
* For informational purposes only. Exchange rates may vary. Based on ECB reference rates.
Choose Your Adventure!
You can customize your own tour with our new super offers:
– BEER TOUR a visit in a typical brewery and the taste of Italian beer (*where available*)
– YOGA RETREAT/SINGLE LESSONS dedicated yoga lessons in extraordinary scenery, benefits of these practices include a clearer mind, a deeper feeling of inner calm, the ability to accept and move through challenging and stressful life events with more ease and acceptance, improved immunity, increased energy levels and sometimes even feeling happy for no good reason!
– SPORTS EXCURSIONS bike rides, trekking, horseback riding… all you can do in a land of a thousand possibilities as Tuscany
– GOLF GAME are you a golf passionate and you want to try the emotion to play golf in the beautiful tuscan countryside? Why not? We can provide for you your Italian Game!
– CRUISE EMOTION you can visit the most exclusive spots on the Tuscans Islands , accessible only by sea, and see scenery of incomparable beauty, grottos, inlets, picturesque coves and rocks where nature has let its imagination run free to create strange, unrepeatable shapes (*available only at Villa Poggiarello*)
– OLIVES HARVEST the magical smells and flavors of the olives and the unique experience of attending to their harvesting (*by season only – normally october/november, depending on weather conditions*)
– THERMAL SPA a day in one of most famous thermal center of Tuscany, where you can find the best spa treatments
– TRUFFLE HUNTING do you want to live the emotion to look for truffles with a real truffle hunter and his dog? You can! And then enjoy a wonderful lunch with truffles! (*by season only – normally october/november*)
Contact us now to know more about them!