Podere Torremozza Country Retreat
Tucked away in the hills surrounding Florence, just 28 km from the city central, the farmhouse of Torremozza is the perfect country hideaway. Down a winding country road, nestled in groves of olive and chestnut, the restored 15th century Tuscan farmhouse combines Tuscan tradition with modern convenience. Each apartment has a sweeping panoramic view of the Tuscan countryside, private baths for each room, a full service kitchen while maintaining the traditional Tuscan architecture and detail. Soak up the sun in our outdoor terraces and gardens, or curl up with a glass of Chianti in front of the fireplace.
Meet Your Hosts
Suzanne Campbell is the Owner of Torremozza and Francesco is the Master Chef who leads the cookery courses.
About Your Chef
Born and raised in Florence for the first 20 years of his life and after studying philosophy, Francesco decided to move to the countryside in search of a less frenetic rhythm, simplicity and healthier lifestyle. These theories are the base of his philosophy about cooking. “We are what we eat and when we cook We put a little of ourselves into the preparation of food”. Francesco and his daughter Caterina put their love for nature, be it the countryside, the sea or the mountains into their passion for cooking. Combining their curiosity and acceptance of the world that surrounds them together with the use of fresh seasonal and natural ingredients that Tuscany offers, mainly vegetarian meals are prepared with care, simplicity and a pinch of fantasy. They aim to transmit the capacity to taste the flavours present in these ingredients, the importance of dedicating time not only to cooking but in the preparation of food and through this wonderful world that is the kitchen, learn to take good care of ourselves.
About The Estate
Villa Torremozza is a working agriturismo, producing it’s own wines and olive oils. Carefully restored with meticulous attention to traditional Tuscan architecture, design, and even color schemes, the Villa is a testimony to the culture and beauty of Tuscany. A short distance away from the cultural epicenter of Florence, but surrounded by tranquility and healthful country air, Villa Torremozza is the perfect Tuscan holiday.
Where You Will Sleep
Guest accommodations are in 6 separate apartments each with an indoor sitting room and access to outdoor sitting areas perfect for your morning cappuccino or afternoon glass of wine! Each bedroom has it’s own private bath and each apartment is equipped with a fully functional kitchen.
La Civetta (2/4 persons)
A real romantic heaven with the stunning views from every window. Cosily situated under the eaves of the tower on the second floor. Living/dining room with well equipped kitchen facilities and double divan bed. Double bedroom and bathroom with shower facilities.
Il Falco (2/3 persons)
Situated on the other side of the tower on the second floor. This apartment commands not only spectacular views of the estate as well as a picture postcard image over the terracotta tiled roof of the farmhouse. Consists of living/dining room with well equipped kitchen facilities and single divan bed. Double bedroom and bathroom with shower facilities.
Il Melograno (2 persons)
Situated on the first floor overlooking the garden, just breathe in the perfume of the lavender below as you watch the sunset. Living/dining room with fully equipped kitchen facilities.
Il Castagno (4 persons)
Idea for two couples, friends or a family, this apartment has two double bedrooms, each with their own bathroom with shower facilities. Living/dining room with well-equipped kitchen facilities. On first floor with wonderful views over the gardens and pool.
Il Nido (2 persons)
As it’s name suggests a homey nest overlooking the chestnut woods, entrance on the first floor with living/dining area with well equipped kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom with shower facilities.
Our most popular package is the full week that fully represents Tuscan culture and history – rooted in our art, foods, wines, and genuine hospitality.
Cooking Class – Culinary Tour Packages:
All Packages include everything but airfare and gratuities:
– Accommodations at the country estate of Villa Torremozza—located approximately 20 miles East of Florence.
– All meals as indicated in the itinerary.
– Small groups. 4 to 12 people.
– Hands-on Tuscan cooking courses in “La Cucina Povera Toscana” – Tuscan country cooking
– Wine and Olive oil tasting.
– Guided excursions, as indicated in package descriptions, to the enchanting Vallomrosa Monastery, Chianti Classico wine region, Florence, Casentino region, and Siena and olive oil farm.
– All ground transportation (including transfers to and from Florence).
The tours listed are not in chronological order to be followed on a day-to-day basis. However, all tours listed will be conducted throughout the week. All Villa Torremozza programs begin on Sunday!
– 3 night stay at Villa Torremozza
– Cooking course highlighting “La Cucina Povera Toscana” – Tuscan country cooking
– Wine tasting:Chianti Classico.
– 3 days of guided excursions to the enchanting Vallomrosa Monastery, Chianti Classico and Florence.
Day 1 – Pick up in Florence and arrival at Villa Torremozza
Meet your Tour Leader in Florence. You will be accompanied and transferred to Villa Torremozza. After settling in, you will be shown around the entire estate, which will be your home while enjoying this Tuscan Way vacation. You will have time to relax and unwind in your comfortable apartments before enjoying a welcome drink with the friendly staff at the Villa. Enjoy welcome drinks and dinner on the Estate where you will meet owners Susanna and Francesco. Francesco, your chef for the week, will prepare your first Tuscan Meal.
Days 2 and 3
A perfect morning in the Vallombrosa – Lunch at a ‘Nobile’ Estate
In the morning, after having breakfast, you will meet your trip leader to discover the surrounding towns and wine estates. You will visit the impressive Vallombrosa Monastery situated in one of the most important national parks in Italy. We will then transfer to the Frescobaldi Estate and Castello di Nipozzano: producers of Chianti wines since 1760. Enjoy a tour of the property and wine tasting followed by a light lunch. Return to Villa Torremozza for a rest before your hands-on cooking class with Francesco.
A Full day in Florence
After breakfast, you will meet your tour leader for this transfer to Florence. You will enjoy a drive up to the famous look out point, Piazzale Michelangelo, and enjoy beautiful views of the Valley and the Arno River. You will enjoy an orientation walk with your guide. Experience Florence for a full day shopping or visiting museums. You will be given recommendations for lunch and any other information you may need to sight see in the Historical Centre. Meet your guide in the late afternoon for a transfer back to the villa. You will stop at a local market to pick up some traditional Tuscan cheeses, salami and some wine for the evening.
Day 4 Depart Villa Torremozza and friends
After Breakfast and farewells to your host and chef at Villa Torremozza, you will be taken to the train station or the airport in Florence.
The 6 Day/5 Night Package Includes:
– 5 night accommodations at the country estate of Villa Torremozza
– Tuscan cooking courses
– Wine tasting: Chianti Classico.
– 4 days of guided excursions to the enchanting Vallomrosa Monastery, Chianti Classico wine region, Florence, Casentino region and Siena.
Day 1 – Arrival and Pickup in Florence
We will transport you to Villa Torremozza. Once you arrive you will be shown to your apartment and given time to unpack and settle in. You will have time to relax and before enjoying a welcome drink with the friendly staff at the Villa. Enjoy welcome drinks and dinner with your host, and owners Susanna and Francesco. Francesco, your chef for the week, will prepare your first Tuscan Meal.
Days 2 through 5
Includes tours Lunch at a ‘Nobile’ Estate, day in Florence, and tours of the Noble Dwellings along with meals and cooking class as described above.
Chianti Classico and Siena
Today, you will enjoy the morning on the estate to relax and have breakfast at your leisure. You will be picked up in the afternoon for a drive through Chianti Classico. Visit the picturesque towns in Chianti Classico stopping in a quaint village for lunch. Arrive in Siena, known as one of the most beautiful cities in Tuscany. Your trip leader will take you on an orientation walk before leaving you in the main square called ‘Piazza del Campo’. You will have time to shop and sightsee before enjoying dinner in town. Transfer to the property late evening.
Day 6 – Depart
After a hearty breakfast and final time with hosts and staff, you will be taken to the train station or the airport in Florence.
– 4 nights at Villa Torremozza
– Hands-on Tuscan cooking courses
– Wine tasting:Chianti Classico.
– 3 days of guided excursions to the enchanting Vallomrosa Monastery, Florence and the Chianti classico & Casentino regions.
Day 1 – Pick up in Florence and arrival at Villa Torremozza
After introductions you will be shown to your apartment and given time to unpack and get settled in. When you are ready, you will be given a tour of the farmhouse and grounds surroundingVilla Torremozza. You will be our honored guest for a welcome drink with Villa staff and your hosts, owners Susanna and Francesco. For dinner Francesco, your chef will prepare your first meal at the estate.
Days 2 through 4
Includes tours Lunch at a ‘Nobile’ Estate, and day in Florence along with meals and cooking class as described above.
A series of Noble Dwellings
After breakfast, you will go to one of the most interesting and picturesque towns of the Casentino called Poppi, which dates back to the early Medieval Period. Visit its 12th century Castle built by the Conti Guidi Family and Stia with its beautiful arched square. You will have time to explore these beautiful town centers and enjoy lunch in a local restaurant before going back to Villa Torremozza. This evening you will participate in a cooking class followed by dinner.
Day 5 – Depart
After breakfast and good-byes, you will be taken to the train station or the airport in Florence.
The 7 Day/6 Night Package Includes:
– 6 night accommodations at the charming country estate, Villa Torremozza — located approximately 20 miles East of Florence.
– Tuscan Cooking Courses highlighting “La Cucina Povera Toscana” – Tuscan country cooking
– 2 tastings: 1 wine tasting (Chianti Classico) and one olive oil tasting.
– 5 days of guided excursions to the enchanting Vallomrosa Monastery, Chianti Classico wine region, Florence, Casentino region, Siena and olive oil farm.
Day 1 Arrive for Pickup and Transportation to Villa Torremozza
After settling in, you will be shown around the entire estate which will be your home for the week. You will have time to relax and unwind in your comfortable apartments before enjoying a welcome drink with the friendly staff at the Villa. Enjoy welcome drinks and dinner on the Estate where you will meet owners Susanna and Francesco. Francesco, your chef for the week, will prepare your first Tuscan Meal.
Days 2 through 6
Includes tours Lunch at a Nobile’ Estate, day in Florence, tours of the Noble Dwellings, and Chianti Classico and Siena along with meals and cooking class as described above.
Olive Oil Tasting
This morning you will have time to relax. Your trip leader will prepare a picnic lunch on the property. Relax and enjoy the pool or the lovely garden on the Estate. Visit a local olive oil farm for a tour and tasting. Learn all there is to know about extra virgin olive oil. In the evening enjoy your last cooking class followed by last night’s dinner and celebrations.
Day 7 – Depart – Farewell Villa Torremozza and friends
After Breakfast and good-byes, you will be taken to the train station or the airport in Florence.
Choose Your Adventure!
You can customize your own tour with our new super offers:
– BEER TOUR a visit in a typical brewery and the taste of Italian beer (*where available*)
– YOGA RETREAT/SINGLE LESSONS dedicated yoga lessons in extraordinary scenery, benefits of these practices include a clearer mind, a deeper feeling of inner calm, the ability to accept and move through challenging and stressful life events with more ease and acceptance, improved immunity, increased energy levels and sometimes even feeling happy for no good reason!
– SPORTS EXCURSIONS bike rides, trekking, horseback riding… all you can do in a land of a thousand possibilities as Tuscany
– GOLF GAME are you a golf passionate and you want to try the emotion to play golf in the beautiful tuscan countryside? Why not? We can provide for you your Italian Game!
– CRUISE EMOTION you can visit the most exclusive spots on the Tuscans Islands , accessible only by sea, and see scenery of incomparable beauty, grottos, inlets, picturesque coves and rocks where nature has let its imagination run free to create strange, unrepeatable shapes (*available only at Villa Poggiarello*)
– OLIVES HARVEST the magical smells and flavors of the olives and the unique experience of attending to their harvesting (*by season only – normally october/november, depending on weather conditions*)
– THERMAL SPA a day in one of most famous thermal center of Tuscany, where you can find the best spa treatments
– TRUFFLE HUNTING do you want to live the emotion to look for truffles with a real truffle hunter and his dog? You can! And then enjoy a wonderful lunch with truffles! (*by season only – normally october/november*)
Contact us now to know more about them!